Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Story Of The Seed

My name is Brian Trang, I have been in San Jose, California since Dec. 18 2000(birth date). Personally I'm not the "planting" type of a person, but I do like being outside.  I have always witnessed my grandpa plant seeds and other stuff but I've never really tried that.

When I was little, about the age of 7 I was assigned a watermelon seed. My job was to plant it and nurture it, clearly that did not workout for me, because that seed did not even sprout. It stayed in seed form for like 2 months, I couldn't figure out why it didn't grow. Finally I asked my grandma for help, it turned out you would have to water it daily and during certain times. So I asked my teacher for a more simple seed like a sunflower seed, and so this time when I took care of it I had it sprout but then after a while i found out that you can't over water it. So this seed ended up dying as well. From there I had no hopes of being a farmer or anything related to that. This year I'm hoping to change that and have a little bit of hope in my planting skills. I hope to see all the seeds I plant become full grown plants, and I want to track its growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment